Are You An A+ Tax Manager ?
Do you want to join a ‘People-First’ accounting firm with a sky’s-the-limit career path?
Do you love…
If so, read on!
Awards We've Won
What's It Like To Work Here?
Who are we?
We’re the bridge between you and your long-term career goals.
How is it going in your current role?
Does this sound familiar?
If you're holding back because you think the perfect career fit isn't out there, think again. We want to be your forever firm!
Checkout our Glassdoor Rating
See what our people say about us:
They are serious about work-life balance. We have a job to do, of course, but family and personal life are the priority.
- Molli R.
At ABC we believe strongly in mentorship. They know my long-term goals and are helping me work toward them.
- Megan S.
ABC Accounting is where I want to be. They value me and I can’t imagine being anywhere else.
- Jim F.
I love working someplace where I feel valued. I’m not just a person in a chair. I’m part of a team.
- Max H.
If your career isn't growing the way you want, the problem may not be you. It might be that you lack the right opportunity.
You Will Have Access To:
Real numbers, real scale, real experience
Tax Returns Filed
Employer of the Year
Years of combined experience
Cups of coffee
"Ok, I'm sold...what's the role?"
Here are the details of this position:
- Ensures that clients comply with all applicable authorities, while minimizing tax and reporting burdens
- Ensures tax team complies with all Firm policies and standards
- Identifies when research is needed and clearly frames issues to be researched; concisely reports the analysis of research
- Builds relationships with clients to discuss a variety of federal tax concerns
- Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits
- Advises and provides tax consultations, and communicate high-level tax concepts
- Develops a strong knowledge base through continual education by tax research, reviewing trends, and other practices
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation
- Manages engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing
- Leads and provides career guidance for the development and motivation of the tax team
- Provides verbal and written performance feedback to associates and senior associates
- Provides technical tax advice and planning services to a portfolio of projects
- Communicates with the IRS and state and local tax authorities
- 5 – 8 years of prior experience in taxation
- Prior supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Tax, Accounting or related field
- CPA certification
- Experience with federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
- Ability to be a person of influence utilizing strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Attention to detail and takes ownership
- Professionalism, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Proven success with business development and ability to challenge clients to reach their potential
- Able to travel up to 25%
We offer a wide variety of benefits to help support our employees’ health, wellness and financial goals.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k with 3% contribution)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- ‘Work From Anywhere’ option
- Wellness Resources
- Four (4) weeks PTO
- Twelve (12) paid holidays, of which three (3) are floating holidays
ABC Accounting is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, military status, national origin, genetic information, disability or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including but not limited to hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, or any matter directly or indirectly related to employment.
"This role fits me. How do I apply?"
No need to send a CV/resume or fill out a lengthy application. The first step is to fill out this short form. On the next page, we’ll ask you to do a short video introduction.
Nothing formal! Just say hello and answer a couple of short questions. If now isn’t a great time to do the videos, go ahead and fill out this form anyway and come back to do the videos later.
Frequently asked questions
Potentially, yes! There may be some travel required to help accommodate a work-from-anywhere option but it is certainly doable.
Yes! The first step is to fill out the short form above. I know you’re probably expecting a long application or to upload your CV/resume. At some point we will want to see that, but for now, all we’re looking for is a “hello”. On the next page, you’ll have the chance to upload a video reply to some basic questions. Put some thought into your answers, but more than anything, just be yourself! Imagine we’ve bumped into each other at a coffee shop and are just chatting for a few minutes. It’s meant to be informal.
After that, we will be scoring and ranking our applicants and scheduling phone interviews with our top picks. From there we will pick a smaller group to go through a more extensive interview process with extended interviews.
No matter what, we’ll do our best to communicate with you about where you stand in the process. We don’t string people along. And…even if you aren’t the perfect fit for this role, if you’re a great fit for the firm, we’ll look for the right spot for you.
So go ahead and start with the short form and we’ll go from there. We would love to hear from you!
Check out our Careers page first. It would be better to apply to the correct job. Having said that, if you don’t see one that’s the right fit, yes! Still apply and let us know what you’re looking for. We are always on the lookout for great people to join our team.
Potentially, yes! Depending on your situation, you may be able to stay where you are. But we are open to helping you move local as well.
As long as you don’t check any of these boxes, you’d probably be a great fit:
- Not enough experience (but we might have another fit for you).
- Only concerned with “getting a raise” and not really looking for a long-term career opportunity.
- Not serious about doing excellent work.
- Bad attitude.
- Not a good teammate.
It varies greatly by the team member. It really comes down to when you’re ready. BUT…we believe strongly in mentoring those who want to advance their careers. We want to be your forever firm and that includes finding the right seat for you at the right time.
We feel that pain and we hear statements like this from others. We work really hard to avoid the “churn and burn” employment philosophy that has plagued accounting for so long. We just don’t believe it has to be like that, which is why we invest so much into our people. We want to be your forever firm and we think we just might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.