5 Tips for Choosing the Right Marketing Agency for Your CPA Firm
If you’re hoping to improve your CPA firm’s marketing efforts, hiring a marketing agency can be a game-changer for increasing brand awareness, attracting new clients, and growing your firm.
But hiring a marketing agency for your CPA firm isn’t cheap, and the last thing you need is to spend your entire marketing budget on a low impact, budget-breaking, and ineffective agency that won’t provide the results you’re looking for. If you share these concerns, don’t worry–we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll outline several important factors in choosing the right marketing agency for your CPA firm.
Why is hiring an agency helpful for marketing my CPA firm?
A marketing agency specializes in creating campaigns and marketing strategies that will attract clients, leading them right to your doorstep. The agency essentially does the pre-work for you. Their services are geared towards building trust and establishing your value in the eyes of your target audience. Their main role is to increase awareness of your firm and improve the odds that the potential client will choose you when they’re ready to hire someone.
What will a marketing agency do for my CPA firm?
So what exactly can a marketing agency do for your CPA firm that you won’t have to do for yourself? Here are some of the services that marketing agencies offer:
- SEO: SEO, or search engine optimization, is a powerful way to increase website traffic and boost your website in the search engine results pages.
- PPC: PPC, or pay-per-click, is a marketing campaign that allows you to pay a fee to a publisher, such as Google, when one of your ads receives a click. It’s useful for increasing visibility, promoting your services, and allows you to have control over how much you spend.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is useful for generating leads, establishing backlinks to your website, and increasing brand awareness, but it can be hard to navigate if you don’t have prior experience. A marketing agency can handle your social media marketing, removing the guesswork for you.
- Email Marketing: Not only does email marketing help you maintain contact with existing customers, it’s an effective way to generate more leads. Crafting the right email strategy can be daunting, and it’s a helpful service that a marketing agency can take care of for you.
- Content Marketing: High-quality, SEO-driven, and relevant content can go a long way in establishing trust and building relationships with your target audience.
How to choose the right marketing company for your CPA firm
While there are hundreds of marketing agencies available for hire, the quality of the services and level of expertise they offer varies widely. So, how can you find the right fit for you? Here are 5 tips for choosing the right marketing agency for your business:
1. Make sure they understand your business
The first and most essential step is to look for a marketing agency that thoroughly understands the ins and outs of the CPA world. This will ensure that they not only understand your business, but how to reach your target audience.
At CPA Digital Pro, we have over 15 years of experience working with CPA firms. We are results driven and committed to providing you with a tangible return on your investment. Our founder, Leo Ebbert, is a CPA himself and knows what it’s like to sit in your seat. Since pivoting to digital marketing 15 years ago, it’s now his mission to help other CPAs grow their firms. In other words, at CPA Digital Pro we know exactly what it’s like to be in your shoes–and we’re here to help.
2. Check out their experience
Every niche is different, so thoroughly research what experience the marketing company has in your niche. Just because a marketing company has a history of success in a specific niche does not mean they’ll be able to add value to your business. Make sure they not only have experience in your niche, but a substantial amount of it. This will ensure that they’re able to communicate effectively with your customers and provide the results you’re paying for.
Also choose a marketing agency that has experience with businesses that match your level of revenue. Marketing for a $5 million dollar business is very different from marketing a $350k business.
3. Research the team
Before hiring a marketing company, ensure that they are who they claim to be. Take the time to research their credentials, past clients, and reviews. The more expertise, the better when choosing the best marketing agency for your CPA firm. Make sure they speak your language and can provide knowledgeable insights.
4. Prioritize good customer service
Excellent customer service should be a priority when choosing a marketing company. Choose a marketing agency that listens to you, values your thoughts, provides consistent updates, and is timely and responsive. Researching the experiences of previous clients in reviews and testimonials of past clients can be helpful when determining if a prospective marketing agency will be a good fit for you.
5. Be mindful of your budget
The sky’s the limit when it comes to rates that marketing agencies charge. There are companies who offer minimal results for a steep price and vice versa. Avoid marketing agencies with hidden fees and force you into long-term contracts. This can be a warning sign that they can’t deliver the results they claim they can.
Confidence and transparency are essential when choosing a marketing agency for your CPA firm. At CPA Digital Pro, we believe in building strong relationships and that you shouldn’t be trapped in a contract. We offer our services on a month-to-month basis with a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.
Partnering with a marketing agency for your CPA firm can be a pivotal step in growing your business, generating leads, and boosting your revenue, but only if you choose the right CPA marketing firm for you. With 15 years of experience and over $500 million in total sales driven by our efforts, at CPA Digital Pro we have the expertise you’re looking for and the portfolio to back it up.
Book a call with us today for a free consultation and to see if we’re the right fit for you.